Aug 31, 2020
Americans today face a very important decision: “On what foundation will we continue to build our country?”
Continue the one laid by our founding fathers “Liberty”, or tear it down and rebuild on a new foundation of Socialism/Communism.
The Choice Could Not be Clearer!
Buildings burning, Police defunding, businesses shut down or driven out, unreasonable restrictions on all kinds of activity from waking your dog, getting together with friends, or even singing in Church: this is the breakdown, or should we say “tear down” of our American foundation of liberty and responsibility under law.
This, however, is the American foundation expressed in the Declaration of Independence:
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness”
These truths were derived from centuries of development of the Judeo-Christian ethic, which is built upon Biblical truth and morality. While not every founding father was a Bible believing Christian, they all embraced a common set of moral convictions based on natural law and revelation - the Bible including the 10 Commandments.
Many people are familiar with the following quote from our nation’s second president John Adams, one of the major influencers of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution:
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”
They are not, however, familiar with the context. The above quote comes from a letter Adams wrote to the Massachusetts Militia. This letter was written in 1798 after some of the most grievous activities of the French Revolution/Jacobin movement, “The Reign of Terror”. While the French Revolution in some ways tried to emulate the principles of the then recently successful American Revolution, John Adams contrasted what was going on in Europe with the situation in America. What was the difference? The ultimate morality and freedoms granted by Divine Providence (God) was the missing piece. The French based their revolution on human social contract and rights delineated in the “Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen”, but, like Karl Marx a few decades later, the foundation was on the sand of humanist philosophy, not on the solid realities of Divine Revelation and Natural Law. However, Karl Marx, university economist turned revolutionary (sound familiar) goes further. Marx advocates for the violent overthrow of society to bring in the Communist vision. He advocates for a radical rejection of God ordained principles such as the traditional family, free enterprise, freedom to worship, and private property.
Think how many of the 10 following Communist goals taken straight from “The Communist Manifesto” written in 1848 have been accomplished, and how many are being espoused by voices in America today (our comments in parentheses):
1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes. (Government owns and runs everything)
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax. (A means of wealth redistribution)
3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance. (What you have earned or own is not yours to pass on)
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels. (What’s yours becomes theirs, especially if you don’t agree with them)
5. Centralization of credit in the hands of the state, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly. (Complete control of finance and money supply)
6. Centralization of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State. (No freedom of movement, no freedom of speech)
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State; the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan. (Government owns and runs all industry and agriculture, you can’t start or run your own business)
8. Equal liability of all to work. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture. (Forced labor, the government picks your job for you)
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of all the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the populace over the country. (The government decides where you will live)
10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children’s factory labour in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, &c, &c. (It was not child labor, but the goal that government raises and educates the children, and prepares them for the job they think they should do. Notice is says “in present form”)
Instead of “Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness”, Communism and Socialism are paths toward tyranny. Which do you prefer? Vote wisely.
Q: Are there political candidates and parties that advocate Marxist ideology?
A: Yes, pay attention to what people are espousing and you will figure out what they stand for. Are they for God, family, the rule of law, traditional morality; or for turning everything upside down from where our society has stood for hundreds of years?
Q: Can I make a difference?
A: You can make a big difference.
· Get involved locally with school and government.
· Speak boldly for the freedom and rights given us by God as outlined in the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights in the Constitution.
· Stand up for your rights as a free citizen, and be willing to fight and die for them if necessary.
· Pray for God to grant spiritual revival and awakening to America and the world
Q: How should I vote?
A: You should vote your conscience.
· If you believe in America’s foundation, that our Creator is the source of our rights and freedoms, and you want to preserve the liberties the founding fathers recognized as from God our creator, then that is how you should vote.
· If you believe humanism, socialism, and Marxism are good for America, and the constitution has outlived its usefulness, that is how you should vote.
Principles of Communism
“The proletariat (working class) will use its political supremacy to wrest, by degree, all capital (property) from the bourgeoisie (business and property owners, that’s you if you own anything), to centralize all instruments of production in the hands of the State, i.e., of the proletariat organized as the ruling class (the mob); and to increase the total productive forces as rapidly as possible.”
Karl Marx - The Communist Manifesto
In plain English: The ultimate goal of the communist is take complete control of everything you have by hook or by crook, and then dictate every area of your life. What you learn, where you work, what you drive or don’t drive, how you speak, the words you use, etc. This abuse is called “Tyranny”.
America’s Founding Principle
“Let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion. Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle.”
America’s founding principle is self-government with the moral constraint that comes from knowing and fearing God, from whom we derive our freedom, rights and liberties. These same freedoms and rights government is established to protect and defend, not destroy.
Sources and References
Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States:
John Adams letter to the Massachusetts Militia 1798:
The Communist Manifesto:
George Washington Quotes:
2016 “Happy New Year”?
Individuals under the gracious hand of God may have one, a happy new year that is, both servants of God aware of the desperate state of our country, and those blissfully ignorant. But we are absolutely entering the most perilous time in our nations history. Elections will be held, decisions will be made, laws will be passed or rejected all based on the level of awareness and spiritual perception of the people and their leaders.
"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.” (2 Timothy 2:22-3:5, KJV)
I am asking each of us to check that list and then check our own hearts. Then repent, and ask for God's mercy. Then I am asking us to check that list, and pray for our churches. Then I am asking us to check that list and pray for our family, our nation and our world. The clarion call to America is to Wake Up! The clarion call to the church is to Wake Up! Satan is on the march, and we are in a situation where people are not just ignorant of his devices, but there are people making decisions and pulling strings on a global scale that are not ignorant, but in covenant with the serpent.
Forces of darkness are aligning on a global scale, and the prime target is America first, then Israel (Revelation 12:17). These forces are targeting true believing Christians first. They are killing them in the Middle East, and plan to silence them in America and the west via political correctness bans against “hate speech”, and “tolerance” which really means “tolerance for anything except Christianity and Biblical principles”. Then they will go after Israel.
Four things you will see in 2016:
- A more directed assault against the God given rights of freedom of speech, religion, and bearing of arms in the United States
- More martyrdom in the east, and more Islamic attacks in the US
- Increased judgment against our cultural and church apostasy (part of this judgement is 1 and 2 above):
“Destruction is certain for those who say that evil is good and good is evil; that dark is light and light is dark; that bitter is sweet and sweet is bitter.” (Isaiah 5:20, NLT)
- If repentance is sincere: Revival in the churches, Awakening of unbelievers, and exposure of the forces of darkness (Job 12:22, 1 Corinthians 4:5)
So, a “Happy New Year” for me means “Awakening”!